According to new research from WebMD, “Ground green coffee beans, taken daily, seem to spur steady weight loss.” Because of this research and a recent episode of the Dr. Oz show devoted to the topic, green coffee beans are causing quite a buzz in the weight loss industry.
Sharing is caring! It’s okay to download the image below as long as you credit our website!
Green coffee beans are the raw, unroasted seeds of Coffee fruits. In order to produce coffee, the seeds are cleaned, dried, roasted, ground, and brewed. After being roasted, the beans change color and the chloragenic acid is removed. Chlorogenic acid is the element that boosts weight loss.
Other foods that contain chloragenic acid include:
- Sunflower seeds
Health Benefits of Drinking Green Coffee
- Antioxidants – Green coffee beans have a higher content of antioxidants than regular, roasted coffee beans. Regular, roasted coffee beans go through certain roasting processes that significantly reduce the antioxidants’ in them.
- Chlorogenic Acid – According to WebMD, “The chlorogenic acid found in green coffee is thought to have health benefits for heart disease, diabetes, weight loss, and others.” Chlorogenic acid inhibits the enzyme – glucose – 6 – phosphatase responsible for the formation of glucose (sugar) in the liver.
Participants of a clinical study noticed a 32% reduction in their blood glucose spike after taking a 400 mg dose of green coffee bean extract. For people with extremely dangerous blood sugar levels (160 mg/dL), this means a safe, reduced post-meal level of 109 mg/dL.
Additional Health Benefits
Taking green coffee bean extract leads to many other health benefits. Taking green coffee bean extract:
- Reduces High Blood Pressure – It is believed to affect blood vessels so that blood pressure is reduced. Since taking green coffee bean extract results in weight loss, you’ll end up with a lower blood pressure.
- Improves Immune System – Because of green coffee beans’ potent antioxidants, your body will rid itself of toxic substances and free radicals. After using green coffee beans, your skin will look less dull and your acne will start to disappear.
- Balances Blood Sugar Levels – Evidence suggests that the chlorogenic acids in green coffee beans prevent diabetes and control glucose levels in people.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol – By reducing your bad cholesterol, you drastically reduce your chance of heart disease.
- Increases Energy – Your metabolism will be instantly boosted! When you’re active, energy will fuel your cells and start burning fat.
- Boosts Mental Activity – Green coffee beans will supply energy and nutrients to your cells improving your mental functions. Your focus and concentration will improve.
Weight Loss Study
Diabetes, Metabolic Symbol, and Obesity journal conducted a study of green coffee bean extract. According to Dr. Oz, “Researchers followed a group of 16 adults who supplemented with a special green coffee bean extract of the cholorogenic acids at different dosages (either 700 or 1050 milligrams per day) for 12 weeks. All 16 adults were considered overweight, as demonstrated by a BMI of greater than 25. The subjects lost an average of almost 18 pounds – this was 10% of their overall body weight and 4.4% of their overall body fat.”
The study, funded by Applied Food Sciences, contained adults ranging from 22 – 46 years old. The participants in the study did not change their diet. They did participate in more physical activity due to the energy boost they received from the green coffee beans.
No Side Effects
Out of all of the studies that have been conducted on the effects of green coffee beans, none noted any significant, negative side effects of taking the supplement. Of course, coffee beans do contain the stimulant caffeine. This might alter blood sugar levels and cause problems for people with diabetes. As with any supplement, you should always talk to your doctor just to be on the safe side.
If you are interested in learning more about green coffee beans and how they could benefit you, visit http://www.puregreencoffeeinfo.com/ to read reviews, articles, and more information about the green coffee bean extract.sources: http://calorielab.com/news/2012/04/04/green-coffee-bean-extract/ http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-project http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20120328/green-coffee-beans-may-aid-weight-loss http://www.naturalnews.com/035903_coffee_bean_extract_antioxidants.html http://alivebynature.com/greencoffee/health-benefits/ http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1264-GREEN%20COFFEE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1264&activeIngredientName=GREEN%20COFFEE http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/fact-sheet-green-coffee-bean